Master of Business Administration, University of Southern California, Class of 2009
Executive MBA program, with Beta Gamma Sigma honors.
Juris Doctorate, Wayne State University, Detroit MI, Class of 1991,
Passed California and Michigan bar exams on first attempts.
Bachelor of General Studies, University of Michigan, Class of 1987
Emphasis on Business and Liberal Arts; Dean’s List, senior year.
June 1994 to present:
Principal Attorney, The Law Offices of J. Arthur Roberts, Newport Beach, CA
Chapter 7 and 13 consumer bankruptcy, foreclosure defense, Truth in Lending audits and litigation, loan modification.
2004 to present:
Principal Broker and General Counsel, Main Street Lending, Inc., Newport Beach, CA
Mortgage Brokerage Company specializing in FHA and other government backed home financing for new homebuyers, Chapter 13 debtors and individuals facing foreclosure.
In House Attorney, Sterling Savings Bank and affiliates, Southfield, MI
Large mortgage and real estate holding company; attorney was directly responsible for all aspects of litigation, contracts, cable television licenses, leases, zoning and securities issues.
Law Clerk, General Motors, Inc., Corporate Headquarters, Tax Division, Detroit MI
Tax, litigation and transactional issues for international auto manufacturer.
LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
- Attorney, State of Bars of California and Michigan [Dec. 1991, May 1992]
- Real Estate Broker, States of California, Washington, Florida and Colorado.
- U.S. District Courts: CA Southern, Central, Eastern and Northern Districts, MI Eastern District
- Panel Attorney, California Lawyers for the Arts
UCLA Extension Entertainment Law Certificate Program Courses:
- Dynamics of Domestic and International Music Publishing-
- New Business Paradigms for the Emerging Music Industry
- Negotiation Skills for the Music Industry
- Legal and Practical Aspects of the Recording and Publishing Industries
- Managing the Recording Artist, a Practical Approach